Friday 28 September 2012

Love Is In The Air...


These are my latest photo finds and were found last week. The lady said they were attracting a lot of attention form the men folk, but that they were too ‘wedding-y’ for the likes of them….Perhaps too pretty, pretty for the manly man?  Well, it’s their loss I say! Any roads, they are now safely tucked up in the TBT archives.

 How can you resist a wartime wedding and one with dashing chaps in the RAF at that- (see photo no.4 for said dashing chap- the one on the left with the moustache...)

 
 
Cute, eh!
 
At a later date, some kind soul (thank you whoever you are!) had taken the time to write some information about the pictures… my only complaint is that they didn’t tell us about the bride and the date of the wedding. It's all very well saying WWII, but the war took up quite a few years!

 
 
I’m rather liking the checked coat and the Bridesmaids dresses with their ‘hey nonny, nonny’ hats!


                                     "My Shack"                           "Thacker centre taken in India WWII"
 
I love how the photo on the left was obviously taken outside somewhere, but they still thought is necessary to use a backdrop, and a rather wrinkly backdrop at that.... does make me chuckle!
 
              Also in with the wedding photos were two photos of L.A.C. Thacker out in India (above),
and this one of his wife and what I presume is their diddy dot outside the Anderson shelter. I’m rather pleased with this photo as it’s my first original snap of an Anderson… simple things. ; )
 
 
"Taken Home Harborne"
And here is is one last wedding photo for good measure....


All in all I think this was a rather nice little find, and thank goodness for all those manly men for leaving these little treasures for me to buy instead!


Cheerio
Here's to the next time...
 
Tickety Boo Tupney
 
xxx



***
 

RAF Friday so far....
 






6 comments:

  1. You have some lovely photographs. Nothing like an original snap to see what fashions were really like :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore vintage wedding photos, too. I always find myself staring at them and getting lost in thoughts of how the couple's life played out, what kind of people they were, if that day was the happiest of the lives, etc. These wonderful WW2 shots are certainly no exception there.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, lovely, I adore these. Always wondering if the men came home safely and did they have a happy marriage etc. The agony of never knowing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LollyWillowes, it's macabre, but checking the Commonwealth War Graves Commission website would tell her if he did come home. (I've used it for tracing family history.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I was the only mad person buying other people's wedding photographs at fleamarkets...
    Thank you for rescuing the pictures and showing them to us! They are so lovely...
    griseldis

    ReplyDelete

Ta very much for your messages folks!

Tickety Boo Tupney xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...