Tuesday 31 August 2010

Treasures For Tupney

Righty ho, so I have been neglecting my blog for far too long and it’s just not on. So here’s a scribble to keep it ticking over.

Yesterday was a bank holiday and there were a hundred things one could of seen and done but me, myself and my shadow decided to take a quick gander up town to see all the wonderful old cars displayed in all their glory around the grounds of the park (sorry no photos -what a plonker for not taking my camera!) and by George were there a lot of cars, even more than last year and terribly busy to boot. I only stayed long enough to see my pa and our old motor, have a nose at the stalls and a quick look at all the other posh cars. I would liked to of stayed longer, listen to the brass band and maybe even of had a picnic but I’m afraid the call of a flea fair was too much for me to resist, so off popped me and ma to that. There are always bargains to be had…… and here are my treasures……


Three sewing patterns- one from around 1937 and two more from both halves of the forties. These pleased me no end.

Some 30’s/40’s fabric. Ma and I have great plans for these!

Two 1950’s magazines.

A handmade paper nylon bra with dinky do embroidery.

A postcard from 1949 and a very cute picture (probably once a calendar) from the 1930’s. I want the dog; the girl’s little green spotty smocked dress and her hair…… well ok, I don’t actually want her hair, quite honestly that would be creepy- just the skill to get my own hair like that!

And our find of the year…….A drum roll if you please………

tadaaaaaaa ...A second world war ‘careless talk…’ hankie. It wasn’t cheap mind you- but isn’t it just wonderful?!

I also purchased an unfinished child’s romper/swim suit in the most darling green patterned fabric and a coronation brooch from 1937 as I do like a nice bit of royal memorabilia but I shall save those for a future post that I have in mind.
Ta ta for now.

2 comments:

Ta very much for your messages folks!

Tickety Boo Tupney xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...